DaCre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre

Archives of a Previously Completed Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Synopsis Of DaCre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 pm

This is a Synopsis designed primarily to judge the importance of scenes to the plot, and help us figure out where various plot points were and what was canon. So that we can determine what we want to remain canon for the adaption.

1.The First Battle: Salem vs Dunmer. All in all, not that terribly interesting of a battle, nor of banter, nor of developing character. Unless we want to go to our utmost to develop Dunmer before killing him off, I believe this battle has low priority.

2a. Salem: Fun and character development! Foreshadows Windsor’s knowledge of the DaCre world. High priority.

2b. Dunmer: Develops his character, mildly interesting. Shows one of the viruses. Low priority due to Dunmer not lasting very long. While Dunmer is interesting, Seth is kinda just a constant downer.

2c. Fang: Wow.. Fang and ken were poor characters. The insect wire DaCre it fought was a better character. Low priority.

2d. Echo: The Falconess becomes recurring, and Echo is a trooper, the only character to make it from the very beginning to the very end (and a poor end it was) other than Iko and Shobatsu. High priority.

2e. Raiko: Who was this guy? I don’t even remember him. There’s some Dunmer stuff in here, but wow. I even remembered Fang thanks to how stupendously bad his was. Low priority.

2f. Devil vs Kitty Cat: Tesla’s cool and shows up some more.. But, Fang.. Ugh. Medium priority.

2g. Iko: Short, and duh, Iko’s a main character. High priority.

2i. Tesla: Tesla’s a pretty good character, as is Eric. And the plot shows up. But we could make it show up somewhere else. Medium priority.

2j. Bat Vs Wolf: Iko and Echo are both main characters, but it was a pretty boring fight. Medium priority.
3a. Shobatsu: High Priority. Duh.

3b. Moar Shopping: Low priority. Just Dunmer.

Up to 3, Synopsis.. We’ve established by this point that DaCre have been coming to the world to get stronger, it’s been happening for awhile, it’s becoming more common, and some of them have tamers. Some DaCre seem to cryptically hint they know what’s going on, such as Shobatsu. Others, such as Iko, are confused. There are viruses that seek to replicate.

4a. Fox versus Wolf: Ultra high priority. Foreshadowing. Cool battle. Also, first in character time I noticed a Tamer taking an effect from their DaCre. This is probably the latest we could start the narrative/show/story.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:19 pm

4b. On the Street: Nothing happened here that was important. Dunmner and Seth did some stuff, Shobatsu and Carlos did a bit, some guy who I don’t know did something. This could be cut, especially if we don’t use Dunmer.

4c. Infection: Le Plot! Also, Shobatsu demonstrates why Light is one of the strongest Tier 2 elements. Also, Shobatsu demonstrates a bit of malice in his relationship with Carlos, while simultaneously being generous to the insect. Carlos and Erik seem to do well together.

4d. Fox vs Armadillo: No real importance unless we want to develop Arden.

4e. "And This World will Crumble Beneath the Mighty Feet of Salem!": Evell’s not a bad character, and, of course, Salem and his minion making tendencies are revealed here. As is the fact that he is the prince of chaos. Also, he’s the first one to come up with the memory muddling to explain the fact that none of the PCs know what’s going on! Also, familiar smell!

4f. “I make things explode!” I mean, Valeria: Valeria implies that some DaCre are sent to the human world to protect against wild DaCre. She also knows Shobatsu’s name without being told. Dunmer shows up and doesn’t do anything important. Evell shows up and doesn’t do anything important. Salem shows familiarity with Valeria. Shobatsu gets flash back of Valeria and Ami protecting him from.. Roeh and Daegor I think? Echo shows up, doesn’t do anything important. Shobatsu gets flash back of white, energy source, and swish of a tail and something left. Fog… Salem and Valeria flirt, I mean, fight. The Baniha arrives just as Echo and Evell attempt to be useful, scaring Evell off, and nomming Echo. More Shobatsu flashback. Baniha foreshadows evil control thingie.

4g. Walking The Dog: Who is this guy?

4h. Treo: Who is this guy?

5a. The Bell Tolls for Thee: SALEM ROCKS! Also, we get a bit of insight into the secret societies attempts to cover up the DaCre.

5b. The Falconess Returns: Good fight from Evell against a higher class opponent, before finally succumbing to infection. Echo, Salem, and Tesla head there. The Virus quotes the borg. Salem gets kited. Tesla beats and frees Evell. ECHO WINS A FIGHT! I never knew this was possible.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:01 pm

5c. Cat vs Wolf: Iko hints about dark bad boogaloos on the other side. Iko also drops the existence of the Light-Dark combo element of vast destructiveness. Still it’s a pretty good fight, and Salem and Lallium are a blast to watch in action as usual.

6a. The Hound of Kairik: Roeh and Daegor taunt Shobatsu about memory loss some. Shobatsu shows him flight of the fireflies! Windsor punches a Cerberus in the face! Alice reveals her DaCre nature before her name! Baniha comes out of nowhere and bites Daegor’s head off as everyone else revels in their uselessness! Alice reveals her name and Windsor and her come to a sort of respect for each other. Windsor forges a sword from the life-blood of his fallen enemies. Robert leads them to their futures!

6b. Debriefing: Robert reveals DaCre have been entering the human world for a little over two years.. Which in DaCre world terms could mean over a century. Robert hints at the damage Valeria has taken. Alice says that humans have spirit energy which can allow humans to fight on a DaCre level. That is… Huge. We could use that to explain the growing numbers of human-like DaCre. Ami says that Daegor was hunting “the light” and “the darkness” and that Shobatsu was like half an existence, and that Valeria used to be his guardian. Ami tells Shobatsu he must seek out the darkness, and that darkness represents the past, light the future, and that both forces are necessary. Shobatsu wounds himself for the second time to heal other DaCre. Windsor develops magical freaking powers!

6c. Randomness: these could work, but not if we were doing a book. A book is a whole lot more confusing with rapid 2-3 paragraph long scene changes. Baniha gets hit by a fisherman, and Echo swears revenge on Baniha.

6d. Virus: Baniha eats virus. Kieth tells off Baniha and says that he was the gatekeeper who sent Baniha here with a purpose to protect “The Dark Wolf”. Baniha says, “sure, k.”

7a. Finding the Dark Wolf: What on earth is happening with wizards, gang members, and Daphne? Why is this related to finding the Dark wolf? Anyway, later, Daphne and Echo and Piranhas and Fireflies all say hi to Iko. Everyone puts on a bizarre crazy performance to make Salem proud. Baniha beats Echo again. Iko speaks of a lost friend/lover/whatnot, Haiu and that’s the reason he came, to be stronger. It might be Iko’s previous guardian who died might be, and implies that something other than the world travel affected his memory. Yitur shows up and enrages Baniha until he becomes that vengeful god of sharkiness and, if I understand correctly kills thousands of people. Shobatsu and Valeria take out Baniha, Iko is paralyzed by his traumatic past, and the secret is revealed. Yitur escapes. They fly away.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 pm

7b. Insurrection: Wow, Tesla’s a great character, wish they had stuck around. Kieth catches bullets and sends Tesla and Erik to flee to the other world.

7c. Fly by Night: Evell and Echo head to group with the others.

7d. Forge Ahead: Ami says she has a health problem Shobatsu can’t help with. Then that group heads to Alice’s.

7e. Enter, Jikon: Jikon enters. That’s important.

7f. Spotted: Iko beats down some grunts. Alice says Yitur is allied with the shadow that seeks destruction.

7g. Reconnaissance: Jikon is grumpy pants. Jikon is somehow linked up to Muteki as his tamer with wanting to or something.

7h. Vow: Shobatsu vows to save Ami.

7i. A Cry for Help: Shobatsu rushes out to save Tesla, insect fights soldier.

7j. Crash Landing: Echo comes into the house under fire.

7k. Mr. Fluffykins: Salem and Windsor and Lallum and Mr. Fluffykins. Nothing really important.

7l. Decision Time: Salem is acknowledged as the Prince of Chaos by Kieth. Windsor knows who Kieth is. Salem references his personal League of Doom. Windsor gets his first signal of Siegfried. Everyone goes through the portal to the other world. Happy fun time!

7m. Exemplar: As Erick does like.. Nothing, his character being developed seems unimportant. But piranhas follow him, and I think this was how Baniha got back to the DaCre world.

7n and o. Rick and Dave: Who are these guys?

As judged solely from Arc 1, City

Removed from plot:
Dunmer, Fang, except as one shot un-introduced characters saved by Shobatsu. Raiko, Arden, Ming, Dave, Rick, deleted entirely. They just aren’t there consistently enough to be important, and I can’t think of any deeds by them later.

Needs earlier or later introduction: Jikon and Exemplar should either show up earlier (a lot more work, potentially) or later. Their presence here is kinda pointless and draws no emotional connection. Jikon's intro is a little cool, but he quickly becomes just distracting.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 3:35 pm

Lords.

1a. Regrouping: Iko and Shobatsu talk after arriving in DaCre world, and they’re both very very practical and rather boring next to each other so far.

1b. Into the Melee: Exemplar glares at Erick. Echo runs into the minions of Salem, who show of their ability to KO themselves. Jikon talks to himself, about Yitur, and his knowledge, and Baniha and stuff. Exemplar demonstrates her fighting to talking ratio as she and Jikon beat people up nonlethally.

1c. First Contact: Salem talks to a monkey. Salem fights a bedsheet that is beating up a wolf. Upon reading the fight, I get the vibe that Salem should win instead of the badguy escaping. Salem just unleashed cool move after cool move.. Dorado says Iko was their leader and Yitur is attacking the wolf group. Dorado says the wolf clan was lead to Iko by Haiu the bird, and notes that Iko seems to be looking for vengeance. Says Haiu was Iko’s dearest friend.

1d. Storming the Castle: They get to castle. Iko is big grumpy pants. Tesla has something going on, but I think we’re missing a post somewhere or I missed it. Salem and Tesla beat Magnus. People fight Yitur. Iko rages and is absolutely freaking useless. Echo makes minor contributions. Shobatsu is the entire fighting force till Exemplar arrives, and was probably about to have an awesome showdown when Exemplar pulled a neat trick and “killed” Yitur as Jikon saved him. Teleporting black mist thingie!

2a. Triumph and Casastrophe: Rawr, big evil knight dude. Talks with Yggdrasil. Gets power up. Siegfried is shown ineffectually following and swearing justice upon Yggdrasil.

2b. Unexpected Allies: Some good Iko/Shobatsu/Salem* and Luke/Carlos development, and foreshadowing of rage Shobatsu. Le Minions show up. Antics. Castle. Time difference referenced. *Salem isn’t actually here, but yeah.

2c. A Grim Reunion: Valeria informs us that fighting a war can be deadly. Gee, that’s a shocker. Salem, Exemplar, Valeria, and Jikon are the cast. Erick does more than I thought he did by speaking up. There is an entire graveyard worth of tamers who died in the last crisis, implying that there were more. Also, I had the urge to put in an edit where Exemplar responds to Salem. “I’m a her, not a him.” They head towards Dragon.

2d. The Desert: Echo and Tesla (wow, didn’t realize Tesla stuck around so long!) save a tamer who lost his partner. They meet a snake that lets them pass after they say they’re here to fight the darkness. The time difference is about 60 times, supposedly.

3a. Finding The Dark Wolf… Again: Iko disappears, Novogorad is foreshadowed. Shobatsu and Luke and the Fishies and the Fireflies worry about him.

3b. Arthur: Arthur shows up and exposits plot to Tesla and Echo! Triumph and Catastrophe, the creator and destroyer, destroying and creating, Echo has heard of them. Volgan, Yitur, Tridara, Catastrophe and Triumph, are the currently known lords. Echo and Tesla fight a hologram battle.

3c. Dragon: Lallium demonstrates the power of Barbie, and Jikon and Exemplar toast the Dragon just as Salem gets ready for an awesome fight. Razz Then Roeh, I think, tries to subtly and mysteriously contact Erick but fails epically.

3d. Darkness of Rage: Iko tries to team up with Catastrophe and Triumph but faces the problem of the fact that the devil doesn’t want his soul, to use the Faustian metaphor. Iko fights Derkholm/Luxor and stuff. Big stuff.

3e. A Test of Strength: Iko and Shobatsu fight.. I don’t really understand how Shobatsu loses this, I think he should have won. But, meh, Cold was the thread owner at the time. Then Arthur saves Shobatsu.

3f. BL-CK. In all honesty, I don’t really think this character needs to be introduced. Just have Jikon go “and bwhaha, I have stolen power from other DaCre Tamer pairs” when he explains his power to his foes, rather than introducing the character Poly.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:48 pm

4a. Hospital: Arthur heals Shobatsu. Valeria starts her relationship with Shobatsu. Echo teases.

4b. A Struggle of the Spirit: Luxor fails at playing Jikon (being a good guy through bad means for no reason Razz). Carlos makes Iko a good guy again.

4c. Altruist: Shobatsu hurts himself for the sake of others again. I should start a tally. Roeh, disguised as a minor character, fixes everything, while Luxor is ineffectual. From Echo’s reaction to the proceedings, I almost think she’s more in love with Valeria than Shobatsu is…

4d. Interrogation: Nothing important happens.

4e. Chauffeur: Ditto.

4f. Regrouping: Surprise twist, the band gets back together. Salem correctly notices that this place is boring.

Showtime: I must say, thought Triumph and Catastrophe didn’t get a lot of screen time, I loved how everyone was commenting on “eh, at least he won’t know we’re coming, that’ll give us the advantage” right before he sneak attacks them.

Alright folks, that's the end of what I had posted before, from now on, I'll be taking up the mantle of "guy who posts the story archive"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Synopsis Of DaCre Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synopsis Of DaCre   Synopsis Of DaCre I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Synopsis Of DaCre
Page 1 of 1