DaCre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre

Archives of a Previously Completed Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First draft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The 42nd Gecko

First draft Empty
PostSubject: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I've got a scene done up in roughly the style I'm suggesting between me and High on my deviantart account. Everyone checking up here knows how to find it, I think.

Still very first drafty, but I figured I needed to show that, yes, I'm working on it. Razz
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't know where to go to access it. ^^'
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:58 pm

http://the-42nd-gecko.deviantart.com Should be on my front page.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:06 pm

No offense to the content, but I'd say that's a good reason why DaCre would not make a good book. All personal opinion aside as to how to make a fight more eye catching or no, a DaCre fight simply draaaaaags on in written format. It's fun as heck to do when rping, but not when reading...not for entertaining reading anyways. Now editing could fix that of course, but it'd likely shorten the battles alot. Not sure how you feel about that since they're one of the hallmarks of the series. Still think DaCre would make an amazing group, or at least a tournament.

In terms of story medium, well a comic would be best imho. The only problem is...well...comic.

Meh my take on it anyways.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 am

That's why my vote is storybook. I just don't think we'd be able to draw the time and effort needed to turn DaCre into a comic. Even at 1 drawing per scene, that's still something like 180 drawings to complete DaCre.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 am

Umm you do realize a storyboard is one of two things right? A series of drawings in relation to the drafting of a comic...or an animation. They typically aren't related to the final stage, even if referring to a written storyboard.

But you should be getting an idea of how much effort projects need. Doesn't mean they require alot, it's kinda just the norm when trying to turn something like DaCre into a refined product. Which is why I mentioned there may be parts that'll need to be rewritten or evend rerp'd.

But I can definitely assure you, that in any format DaCre is going to take time. That's just a fact, and there's nothing wrong or unusual about that. Even if written, polished, and redone to compliment a book, you'd end up exceeding the effort involved in those 180 pictures. But you'd want to take your time with something like this anyways.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:13 pm

I must be using the wrong word then.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Umm...maybe. Although aside from writing, animation, or comic the only two story mediums that I can think of would be a game(likely of the point and click powerpoint type for beginners)and some kind of audio diary.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:47 am

I meant the kind of thing where you have a big pile of text and then a picture showing a dramatic moment or something from that text.

I think.. Picturebook maybe?
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:15 am

Hrmm perhaps. Although the only image that comes to mind is the basic format for picture books like...dr. seuss and whatnot. However, I've seen a guy do a comic where he incorporated drawn panels with panels of text. Perhaps that's what you mean idk. But that sounds alot more manageable. If it was a simple picture book it's be difficult to lead the readers eye and set a pace. If we used a comic format and used both text boxes and panels that could work well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: First draft   First draft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First draft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DaCre :: OOC :: Discussion-
Jump to: