DaCre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre

Archives of a Previously Completed Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

7b.) Insurrection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 am

"Tesla?"

Erik looked around the rubble, confused. The link between him and Tesla had ominously weakened after the destruction of the building they'd taken shelter in. They were near the outskirts of the city. Amidst the debris was a single standing table. It was shaking slightly.

"Tesla?" Erik asked again, approaching the table.

Tesla was there, under the table. She was slightly too large for what she was hiding under and her tail was peeking out through the other end. She was quivering very slightly.

Erik sat down next to her, still a little dazed. He had a brief image of hugging the cat tight to himself, uttering reassurances. He wondered what it would cost him. Probably too much.

"You scared?" Erik asked vaguely, unsure of what else to say.

"I'm coming out," Tesla said, shifting slightly and backing out of the table. A single tremor ran through her, and she made a retching sound.

"Let's not stay here any longer, I can't stand it."

Erik nodded and stood. They left the destroyed city behind them.
Back to top Go down
https://dacre.forumotion.com
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 am

As Erik and Tesla moved to leave the city, however, they would come acrossed Kieth, the DaCre in the form of a fifteen year old human, wearing a leather jacket and somewhat tatterred clothes. He was within earshot of their conversation, as he leaned against one of the walls in an abandoned building.

"Where exactly will you run to?" the DaCre asked, looking over at Tesla. "Do you just intend to run away, forever fleeing reality? Even if you wanted to..." he paused, looking off in the direction of the path Tesla intended to take, "there will be other events. Now, the pieces of torment are falling into place... human and DaCre alike will be your adversary, now that the seeds of fear and deceit have been sown."
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:50 am

Tesla was still shaking slightly, although she was saved from having to respond.
"Where are headed? None of your business," Erik said in a rising tone. "Keep speaking in riddles, like all the other irritating dimwits. We'll be long gone before anything happens."

Erik finished, then moved to brush past Kieth. It was obvious he knew about the DaCre, but Erik had no idea he actually was one.

"Wait..." Tesla began to warn, too late.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty

"I don't speak in riddles," the DaCre said, looking back over at Erik. "And I think you'll find it hard to leave the city, with the pending military perimeter. You think such a large beast escaped the notice of them?"

He said this calmly, but seriously, as was his stern expression. "Besides... if you run away now, that DaCre sitting next to you will never get any stronger... think of it... would you rather be hunted for the rest of your life, in hiding? Wouldn't you rather bring balance back, so that events like this wouldn't happen anymore? After all, its not just our world at stake, anymore."
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty

"There's...The military's getting involved?" Erik thought of the woman who had intercepted him when he'd found Tesla.

"There's no better time to start running then," Erik said sarcastically. He looked back at Tesla expectantly, but she was focused on something else.

Tesla stalked over to Kieth, stopping before him.
"How should I get stronger?" She asked in a distant tone. She had stopped shaking.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty

Kieth sighed. "You are a DaCre. You know how to make yourself physically stronger," Kieth responded, to what he saw as an obvious question, before looking over at the tamer, and then at Tesla. "Strength without resolve is nothing, though... give into fear, and you will never amount to anything, no matter how powerful you manage to become."

He then seemed to be focused on the road behind the pair, which they had attempted to take out of the town. "I sense something... not a DaCre, but the anger and confusion of a mass... something that we cannot fight directly..."

Kieth stood upright, looking slightly more prepared in that direction.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty

Erik shivered a little, not liking...something...about Kieth. He did seem to know a lot about what was going on, so it was probably wise to stay with him for now.

"Stop being so cryptic about things," Erik muttered angrily to himself. He looked over at Tesla. She was sitting upright, facing the same direction as Kieth with an entranced look on her face. It would have been funny at any other time, but Erik just wondered what was happening to his DaCre...His.
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 am

"Its not being cryptic, it is being as accurate as possible. Most DaCre can't sense things other than DaCre," Kieth explained, taking a few steps forward, stopping in the middle of the road, as a small group of people turned the corner, seeing Tesla almost immediately.

They were dressed in black, bulletproof garments, with a matching helmet and a visor that completely concealed the face. Worse yet, each were armed.

"Harboring that beast!" one of them said, firing a shot at Kieth. What happenned next was too fast to be seen, but, in the next moment, Kieth's hand was up, clenched in a fist. When he opened it, a hot, smashed bullet fell to the floor with a clang.

"This is out of their league..." Kieth mutterred to himself, thinking for a moment. Why on earth would they think a bullet would work? After all, those helmets seemed technical, perhaps able to sense data...

This thinking was interrupted by more accurate shots. "Tsk..."

With that, he ran forward, like a blur; in the next instant, the people fell, unconscious. This time, Kieth had noted wounds on his front side... adding his velocity to the bullets had done some damage. Still, it had to be done... those that Kieth would have dodged would have likely been carried over to Tesla and her tamer.

"Find the other DaCre in the city," Kieth started, "and assemble at Main Street. If you meet a DaCre named Shobatsu, his tamer will know what this means: find Alice's residence."
Back to top Go down
High
Admin
High

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:51 am

The men were there...And then they were down. Erik had only had time to raise his hands to defend himself, although it was clear that these hunters meant business.

~So he was a DaCre...Or something.~ Erik thought to himself. He didn't know they could take forms like that.
~There's a lot I don't know...~ Erik finally realized. A rueful smile appeared his face as he turned away from Kieth.
"The race has begun," Tesla said. She bounded off into an alley, with Erik close behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

7b.) Insurrection Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7b.) Insurrection   7b.) Insurrection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7b.) Insurrection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DaCre :: Roleplay Posts :: 1.) City-
Jump to: