DaCre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre

Archives of a Previously Completed Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New DaCre?

Go down 
+2
Duco-Ducis
The 42nd Gecko
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Ark Von Doom

New DaCre? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:01 pm

Businessman: Do you know the PRICE of a rubber stopper these days? Now imagine that for every phone. Now imagine we want to expand. Then we need more phones, and more phone ports, and we're doing this all to keep out a guy named after an obsolete method of boat transportation? Think of the MONEY, Mr.Channel, think of the MONEY!

And fair nuff. Another random side note... did I read correctly on the Instincts Bio page that Valeria is alive like 600+ years after the original Dacre O_o
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Well, she *is* immortal. :p Same as Jikon and a number of other mechanical characters.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm

I still find it amusing that people assumed Exemplar would survive because her mechanical nature. If anything, Exemplar would die of old age much faster.

Ok, quick question?

Does anyone mind if I use Fiend for the assassin? I figured he'd be a better choice than Miss Fluffykins if I want to let the CDC security and PIT teams have some straight up battles. He's A Rank, but highly defense oriented, so I don't think it should cause unfair casualties*.

On the other hand, if you guys don't want straight up battles, I should use someone else.

*especially if Hitomi is on barrier duty.
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

I!... Have no idea who that is. I actually have no idea who Hitomi is either, but she seems to be getting raved over so... Proceed >_>

And I dunno, I just thought Salem and her would have a nice life and grow old together. I guess this way he gets to keep flaunting the trophy-wife millenias later though, so that's a plus XD

Salem's Ghost: *is smacked through time and space* What, he said it, not me!

But what does that say for the children O_o Someone's got the ultimate evil mother-in-law by this point, I'm sure.

And I think we need straight up battles there if we're testing the human soldiers too (at least, OOC-wise testing).

And oh snap, I just realized that was High who threw that in there O_o This is a popular forum tonight.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:24 pm

You've got a good point.

Don't worry about Hitomi. Me and Meister played on a different roleplay together with those two characters (the other being Siege).

As for fiend, He's from Instinct's intro, he's the black demonic fiend guy who fights the fire armadillo in an Exemplar Relic.

Also, Union refers to him as a relative, so he's one of Exemplar's creations/children.

And goodnight for now. I'm off.
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

-Human Bio-

Name: Alphonse Bright

Appearance: Alphonse stands at five foot nine, but seems shorter due to his habitual slouch. He was a tennis player throughout high school, however, leading to some rather toned arms with a horrible tee-shirt tan to match. He also ran cross country for a time, accounting for equally toned legs. What with being involved in these sports, you'd think he'd eat healthily, but it's quite the opposite. His diet consists of ramen noodles, popcorn, pizza, pop-tarts, soda, and whatever else is cheap, tasty, and easily obtainable. Nevertheless he maintains a slim figure and decent complexion, proving once again that metabolisms are fickle creatures.

Bright has short blonde hair, slightly layered and marginally darker underneath, accenting a face with strong Germanic features and electric blue eyes. This otherwise attractive face is often marred by dark circles under the eyes, a testament to his irregular sleeping habits. His vision, weakened by reading in poor light, is accented by a pair of thin-rimmed glasses. Occasionally these are substituted for non-prescription orange sunglasses, though, partly for practicality and partly because he believes they make him look cool. The rest of his wardrobe varies from day to day, but usually consists of a pair of white sneakers, very worn out at the soles, either a pair of bluejeans or a pair of tan shorts, a green unzipped sweatshirt, and some sort of tee shirt underneath.

Personality: Alphonse is an interesting character, to say the least. He prides himself on his intellect and wittiness, and often tries to make light of various situations. Usually he's fairly good about spotting when this type of attitude would be inappropriate, however, such as when a person is upset, irritated, or volatile. On that same note, he has a bad habit of trying to solve other people's problems for them. If someone seems upset, being a sympathetic person, he will generally try to ferret out the cause and try to help divine an erstwhile unseen solution. This is met with varying amounts of success, and when it is unsuccessful, he can usually at least make the person smile for a moment. That, in the end, is one of his life goals: to make people smile.

Beyond that, this urge to make people smile has developed quite the ego in him. In years past he had intentionally built it up for comedic effect, but as time passed it became habitual, then instinctual, and then mellowed out somewhat into a ever-constant air of confidence. He balances this with a talent for introspection and a love of serenity, given the latter can enable the former. He has a passion for nature and the beauty in the natural world, since they are so full of that serenity.

If his faults could be summed up into one character flaw, it could possibly be best described as arrogance. He is very confident in his abilities and believes that, with enough effort, no feat is beyond him. He can become very frustrated with himself if he falls short of his expectations, or of others for demeaning him. That said, this perfectionism can also be an asset at times, as it comes coupled with determination, a positive quality.

Short History: Alphonse came from an upper-middle class family in a nice neighborhood, although he moved several times. As a child he was always rather independent and stubborn, which alienated other children, possibly leading up to his urge to make others smile and therefore fit into society. Growing up mostly as an outsider, he found new friends in literature, becoming very well-read for a person of his age. He dabbled in the other liberal arts as well, sketching and painting as well as singing. He tried to learn to play a musical instrument, but proved incredibly inept. The only instrument he ever came close to competence on was the piano, and that was only from sheer memorization as opposed to developed skill.

He graduated from high school with a fairly respectable GPA and was accepted to the college in Kairik as an English major. This would be his first year attending the school and, seeing the popularity of the game, has just recently purchased a JK Dot, or at least the equivalent newer model.

Other: rehtO

DaCre-

Name: Kyotei
Innate: Wind manipulation
Personality: If ever there was an individual to whom the term "wanderlust" applied to, this is it. Kyotei wants nothing but to travel on the breeze, seeing new places and meeting new people. This need for movement reaches into his other dealings where he has a marked lack of patience and need for action. Patience, for him, is an annoyance rather than a virtue.

Further than that, he is generally polite to those he doesn't know well, which usually includes everyone he meets. People he has extended contact with usually begin to grate on his nerves, mostly because they begin to bore him. Still, that politeness holds rein, although occasionally giving way to a scathing comment.

Rank D:

Appearance: In this form, Kyotei takes the appearance of a peregrine falcon, mostly normal save for slightly lighter blue coloring than is expected and perhaps a slightly larger size.

-Attack 1: Zephyr: A blast technique, to put it simply. At full power, both wings would be flapped and the blast would be applied from close range, causing moderate concussive damage and pushing the target backwards. Unless properly braced, it could also result in the user being pushed in the opposite direction. Since the attack originates from each wing, however, the attack could potentially be split up into two simultaneous blasts at half power. The blasts lose effectiveness with distance at a rate of about 25% for every meter beyond one, becoming negligible after that.

-Attack 2: Cutting Wind: A thin, wide, intense projectile "wave" of air that slices at the target with the sharpness of a knife. This attack is most effective at mid range, within three meters. After that it begins to widen out and become less focused and therefore less "sharp."

-Attack 3: Slipstream: A passive physical boost in speed.

-Innate Manifestation: Wind manipulation with an effective range of a foot from the user's body.

Rank C:

Appearance: Now taking the semblance of a winged young man, Kyotei stands at about five foot eight with light blue hair and feathers and cyan eyes. He has a slim frame, but his muscles are still toned enough to strike with powerful blows and move quickly.

-Attack 1: Gust: A blast technique with several different ways to be implemented. At full power, both hands would be extended and the blast would be applied from close range, causing large concussive damage and throwing the target backwards. Unless properly braced, it could also result in the user being thrown in the opposite direction. Since the attack originates from each hand, however, the attack could potentially be split up into two simultaneous blasts at half power. The blasts lose effectiveness with distance at a rate of about 25% for every meter beyond two, becoming negligible after that.

-Attack 2: Air Cutter: A thin, wide, incredibly intense projectile "wave" of air that strikes with the force and sharpness of a sword slash at full force. This attack is most effective at mid range, within three meters. After that it begins to widen out and become less focused and therefore less "sharp."

-Attack 3: The Wind Beneath My Wings: A passive physical boost in speed.

-Innate Manifestation: Wind manipulation with an effective range of a meter from the user's body.

Rank B:

Appearance: Now looking more the part for an Arabian Djinn, Kyotei has deep blue skin and glowing cyan eyes. His body above the waist is heavily muscled, the wrists covered with two jewel-encrusted gold braces. His body below the waist is more avian, giving way to feathered legs and clawed feet. The wings seem more powerful than at the previous rank, blue feathers now intermixed with grey ones.

-Attack 1: Typhoon: A blast technique with several different ways to be implemented. At full power, both hands would be extended and the blast would be applied from close range, causing massive concussive damage and shooting the target backwards. Unless properly braced, it could also result in the user being blasted in the opposite direction. Since the attack originates from each hand, however, the attack could potentially be split up into two simultaneous blasts at half power. The blasts lose effectiveness with distance at a rate of about 25% for every meter beyond two, becoming negligible after that.

-Attack 2: Ephemeral Slash: A thin, wide, incredibly intense projectile "wave" of air that can carve a slice through most materials and armor. This attack is most effective at mid range, within four meters. After that it begins to widen out and become less focused and therefore less "sharp."

-Attack 3: Tempest: A passive physical boost in speed.

-Innate Manifestation: Wind manipulation with an effective range of two meters from the user's body.

Rank
A: ???
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 pm

One way or another, this should be fun as heck. ^^
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Zephyr: How exactly does a peregrine falcon brace itself? Regardless, GE: 120%
Air Cutter: GE: 130%
Wind beneath thy Wings: GE: 90%
Innate: Low range, so, GE:120%.
I’ll just say the rest follow this for now.
~~
Thorn Spike: Assuming this can be used every post, GE: 110%. Otherwise, GE:130%.
Munch Cannon: GE:70% per object, assuming Parquis/Floppity can carry a max of 1 item out of combat.
Steel Wool: GE: 120%
Innate: GE: 80%, ??? I’m really honestly stumped here, I can see all sorts of things that would make this ability very strong or very weak. So, I’m just gonna lowball to start, and watch like a hawk to see if I need to boost it.
~~
Thorn Spear: GE: 100%
Acceleration/Deceleration Gel: GE: 80% if they are both (as in both are doing 80%, totally to 160%), 120% otherwise.
Maiden’s Kiss: GE: 90%
Innate: As before.
~~
Thorn Wave: GE: 90%
Powder Storm: GE: 90%
Maiden’s Favor: Parquis: GE: 140% Floppity: 10% reduction in target’s GE, heal has GE: 200%
Innate: GE 70%
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Well, they're clearly a support DaCre; what's the game appropriate equivalent, Green Mage or somesuch? But I think that innate will work pretty well... Even if I am going to avoid Kyotei like the plague until I'm comfortable using it XD

And... I'm noticing this myself now. When I put that they're immune to their own goo (Acceleration/Deceleration Gel), I meant the acidic effects of it... Not that they couldn't use it to slow themselves down or speed themselves up. Because that'd make it kind of useless to them O_o I was picturing it as "Acceleration Gel Ahead + Deceleration Gel Behind = Perfect Getaway" or "Acceleration Gel + Running Fast = Battering Ram Speed". Any changes or point value shifts that I need to make?

P.S: Oh, and Thorn Spike can be used every turn, assuming her thorns aren't all broken off somehow the turn before. So 110% sounds right.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Yeah, it's actually that I'm afraid I may have assigned GE's that make her too strong of a supporter yet too weak of a stand alone fighter that has got me tossing and turning.

And no, go ahead and add that, free of charge, even. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 6:56 pm

S'always a risk with support-type characters. But don't worry about her being too weak. The point of half her moves is just slowing other people down until they can barely fight back anyway.

She might not be able to smack people down like Siege, but she'd tear his buffs to pieces and have him wrapped in death-wool before you can say: "A boysenberry is a cross between a European Raspberry (Rubus idaeus), a Common Blackberry (Rubus fruticosus), and a Loganberry (Rubus × loganobaccus). It is a large aggregate fruit, with large seeds and a deep maroon color, which changes to the typical boysenberry color when the fruit is cooked and made into jam and pies."

Now to look through our other charry options here. I'd start an intro post but I'm going to get dragged away for something any minute now, so better to play it safe...

Anywho. So, the CDC. Where are we getting these Human-DaCre soldiers (from the company-employees, or pulled out of PMCs and such like the testers), and in other news, what other positions would be open at the company staff-wise? Is Elchanan in charge of the base/whole organization/ human soldier department, etc?

I think I'm digging for a general elaboration there XP At least, anything that isn't plot-give-away-ish that I could use to make characters.

And I'm guessing we do the soldiers bios like DaCre's for powers, since they are steadily gaining new ones?

Ah, and do they start with any points? Unlike DaCre, they seem to need a couple to do any fancy stuff, and I don't think they'll be beating this Fiend fellow much...
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:44 pm

The falcon wouldn't, but I was trying to phrase things so that it would apply to other (human) users. Or maybe I was just tired and lazy and copy/pasted the format. It was pretty late. Razz

Before we get into this new RP here, do you think we ought to make a new forum so that we have access to admin-type powers if need be? As is, my account is lost, and so there's no way to make any more... >.>
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

That may be wise if no one still here has Admin powers.

As for the CDC..

They are getting their Human-DaCre soldiers largely from... eclectic sources. Some are from within the company, some not, and some are from military backgrounds. The fact that, until now, they had a mind reading DaCre, allowed them to weed out any treachery preemptively. However, they are not recruiting them nearly as casually as they are the testers and they haven't made any new additions within the past year and a half. Right now, they've got enough soldiers and are focusing on getting those they already have, stronger.

Elchanan, is a bit of a mystery, even to those inside the CDC. They know he's a high up of sorts and everyone at the base follows his orders.

So yes, any soldier would have have at least 5 points, even if they were in the newest generation of soldiers, the average being about 10.

I don't intend for anyone to outright beat Fiend*. His defense is quite capable of tanking A-Ranks if their attacks are not properly coordinated**.

*he was/is a final boss type character.

**I'm hoping when you guys figure it out, you go "oh, that was clever" rather than "that's just unfair."
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 pm

At the very least I'll try to get Alice's 'bio' up tonight... (and I should really try and do one for Roeh as well xD ).
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Thanks for the name change. That is significantly more epic.

~~

And it's taking me forever to get my confirmation email.. I hope I didn't type the wrong email address. Sad
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:08 pm

-Human Bio-

Name: Roeh Toruga

Appearance:
Roeh Toruga is not that far off from an average person. Standing just under six feet tall, he died his otherwise light-red hair a dull-offwhite, styling it short and spiked. His eyes are a dark brown, and his expression one that shows he spends an impressive amount of time with a smile on his face, one way or another.

He is not an especially muscular person, but years in the DaCre plane have given him decent physical prowess... for a human, anyway. Of a lean build, his attire varies, but usually stays around a solid-color T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

Almost as if he's trying to look non-suspect.

Personality: Very short: He's COMPLICATED. Generally speaking, he holds his sister first and his morals second. Using Ami is a very good way to manipulate him, as The Wise Men and several others figured out.

Short History: Very short: Between the events of the first DaCre and this thread, Roeh has been taking illegal hacking jobs, for PIT, the government, or even famous gambling rigs, to keep his skills sharp and to support himself. Divided in several hundred dummy accounts of apparently-real people all over the country, Roeh is easily the richest person in all of Kairik.

Other: For the purposes of this Roleplay, Roeh has several irrefutable skills to keep up with continuity:

-Omniscient Connectivity:
Roeh can act as the tamer to ANY DaCre, one at a time. For the purposes of this roleplay, he is considered Alice's tamer.

-Light Hack: If data passes through it and Roeh can touch it, he can comprehend all of the data in a system.

-Mineral Hack:
If Roeh can get into direct contact with a computer or input device of any kind, he can hack and do as he pleases to the system.

-Complete Data Control: Can be used in the DaCre Plane or all similar fields. As you've seen in the first roleplay, he can reform all non-DaCre data into any form he pleases, as long as he can physically imagine it.

This kid is POWERFUL, and could probably stand up to several special soldiers' attacks on his own volition.
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:19 pm

DaCre-

Name: Alice
Innate: Cybernetics
Personality: An entirely synthetic DaCre developed by the government for PIT, Alice is an understandably serious archetype. When she has an objective, she will do nearly anything to achieve it or maintain it, even if it means sitting in a chair and thinking at a pace 60 times faster than a normal human for several days at a time while a bunch of kids are in another dimension. She is in good control of her emotions, not afraid to die, and has an amazingly poor sense of humor.

Rank D:

Appearance: Alice takes the form of a twelve-year old girl with blue hair and purple eyes. Well, 'eye': her left eye is completely covered by an eye-patch, which is lifted for her only attack:

-Attack 1: Fire One!: The 'Fire' series are increasingly powerful straight-line energy blasts; after expending all three, she cannot shoot again until she ranks up. In D, these are red lasers fired from the eye.

-Attack 2: Fire Two!

-Attack 3: Fire Three!

-Innate Manifestation: Is a cyborg.

Rank C:

Appearance: A full-bodied 24 year-old woman in a police outfit! Her cybernetic-scanning eye now matches the purple of her other eye, and she carries two guns with her at all times. A standard magnum, and...

-Attack 1: Fire Four!: ... This gun!

-Attack 2: Fire Five!

-Attack 3: Fire Six!

-Innate Manifestation: She is a cyborg. ... Okay, what does this mean? Doesn't need to sleep, not perturbed by pain, can't be scared or stunned... you get the deal.

Rank B:

Appearance: A'la 'Samus Aran', Alice totes body armor around her entire body, a strong metal, green in color that cannot be pierced by normal means. She remains the same size, and even the same appearance underneath. She does have a cannon for her right hand, though...

-Attack 1: Fire Seven!

-Attack 2: Fire Eight!

-Attack 3: Fire Nine!

-Innate Manifestation: She is a cyborg.

Rank A: ???
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 am

Still haven't gotten a confirmation email.. This is annoying.
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 pm

There must have been an error, then. I don't think there's any way it could have taken that amount of time. I would suggest trying again.
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 9:19 am

I think I've put everything in there that we need, now. Gecko, you really ought to make an account. Razz
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Gosh darn it, I'm trying!

It keeps telling me my username is already taken.. Sad
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:25 pm

If you tried to make that account with the wrong email, it may be that it's just not going to let you use that username with a different email... Try Gecko42, or just Gecko? Or... Gecko the 42nd?
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 11:52 am

.... It says my email is already taken..

And yes, I've checked and rechecked my deleted, inbox, and spam folders three times each.
Back to top Go down
HighLow

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 pm

I looked around the admin panel and I think I fixed the problem. Try logging in. I activated your account for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DaCre?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5