DaCre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DaCre

Archives of a Previously Completed Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New DaCre?

Go down 
+2
Duco-Ducis
The 42nd Gecko
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
The 42nd Gecko

New DaCre? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Wait, so, he can use his attacks to charge his aura which increases his passive? And he can sacrifice his aura bonuses to triple his passive's bonus on the Slam thingie?
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Umm well...yeah pretty much. Like I said, it is all about making that one attack hit like a bomb. Exactly, almost like sacrificing most of his move pool just to cave in buildings essentially. lol whether it's too stupid or not I still thought it fit him perfectly. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 7:49 am

Written as I understand it.

Name: Siege

Innate: Valor Raiment – All of Siege's moves, physical power, and defense are boosted by 15% GE.

Rank D:

Appearance: Simply put, a giant man. Siege is a huge eight foot tall behemoth. His body is layered with rippling muscle and his features are strong and sharp. His wide face holds a calm and reserved expression almost all the time. With his innate he's constantly seen wearing a set of steel colored banded plate armor. The armor holds multiple layers and folds and over laps so as not to hinder his movement.

Attack 1: Aura (passive ability) – When Aura is active it absorbs energy attacks, the armor working as a moving Faraday’s Cage. For every ability Aura absorbs, Valor Raiment boosts his abilities by another 5%. This ability functions for three turns once activated, before requiring two turns of cooldown. GE-120+(Valor Raiment)%

Attack 2: Slam – Coils of righteous energy well up in Siege's gauntlets. If Siege hits an enemy it does tremendous damage. This dispels after Siege strikes an opponent and requires a turn cooldown. So Siege can use it twice before it needs to cool(one hit per fist). Each fist has GE- 110+(Valor Raiment)% While Aura is activated, Siege may empower each Slam to have GE-110+3x(Valor Raiment)%, but this immediately puts Aura on a 4 turn cooldown before it may be activated again, and puts Slam on a 2 turn cooldown. Siege must immediately strike with this combo the post it is activated or it is wasted.

Attack 3: Palm – Opening his palm a white light wells up and shoots outward. This is a double edged weapon for although the palm can phase through defenses and some attacks(obviously metaphysical effects can dispel it), it cannot block attacks either. It has a range of ten feet and serves mostly to buffet enemies or mash them against another object. GE-120%

Innate Manifestation: As usual. No GE.

Rank C:

Appearance: Same a blue glowing trim lines his armor.

Attack 1: Behemoth Sword – The Valor Raiment has produced a mighty claymore. It is roughly and a half feet in length, two feet wide, and nigh on eight inches thick. The Valor Raiment and Behemoth Sword work off of each other as they are of the same material, meaning the damage it deals does a good bit of extra damage. 250+(Valor Raiment)%

Attack 2: Kinesis – A type of kinesis plays upon the Raiment, allowing it to be controlled so Siege can attack with greater speed and even levitate. Kinesis can be used to charge Mighty Aura. GE-80+(Valor Raiment)%

Attack 3: Mighty Aura – Similar to it's previous version. In fact, exactly the same. Except it can't combo with an ability that doesn't exist in this rank. So, GE-130+(Valor Raiment)%

Innate Manifestation: As before.

Thar, that's Siege as I understand him and with the first round of balance-y things.

So, will Siege be a DaCre in the test or will he be a Wild?
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 pm

God even with the debuffs, I'd hate to get hit with the slam. Thanks for actually going through the effort to balance him.

I was kinda thinking wild, since it would make more sense for him to run into Hitomi then. But seeing as whatever Hitomi does I don't mind switching Siege to work with, it's up to you, assuming you do indeed put in Hitomi.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:41 am

I did also include some buffs. For example, there is no longer a limit on how strong your Aura's buff to your Passive can become. Theoretically, though unlikely, if enough attacks hit him, he'd be even stronger.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:58 am

Yes, he probably would work as a Wild best, however, the only wilds I plan on having in Test are *those associated with PIT, the CDC, or the wild that is a serial killer. PIT's already kinda crowded, and I only intended for CDC to have two, maybe three, DaCre.

Then again, Afro + Siege + Hitomi does make three.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Well Grasp will be more of a secondary character if I decide to include him again. His GE for attacks was rather ridiculous since it had a range of 0 feet and required him slamming his body into people. XD

But now with only one passive... I'll have to rethink him a bit.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Your GE's will probably change, as my balancing is a combination of "hmm... How could I abuse this if I was this character" and gut instinct.

In other words, if you get low/high GE on a move you weren't expecting, it probably means I've figured out some exploit/weakness. Oooor that I just made a snap decision because I was tired. The later usually means you can change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow possibly unintentional foreshadowing that Afro actually survived Miss Fluffykins somehow. Impressive.

I'm still probably gonna tweak him a bit, although that'll help me find a better medium as to what'll work(I'm looking at force palm and wondering why the heck I'd want a close range fighter like Siege to 'push' someone away, even if he was grinding them against a wall).

Haha it's kinda tempting to see how well Seishin would do in the tests. Meh, but Siege and maybe Dunmer is all I'm gonna bother with atm. No need for a character spam.
Back to top Go down
NolChannel

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Balancing is always tricky...
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Exemplar: Yes, isn't it now?

So, assuming I restarted DaCre, the starting cast would probably be, Cold, Raymes, High, and Meister.

Thoughts on if/how you think it should be done?
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Grrrr is there no way to get ahold of ruin!? ;A;
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Eh, I think he's somewhat active on the RSF. Given some time, I could try to find him like I found Cold.

Also, isn't Ark on Deviant Art. He's not interested?
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 pm

dunno. But I sent him a message so we'll find out.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm pretty sure Ruin's last post was several months ago on Runescape, but I'm not sure.

Also, no one has yet answered me on whether, where, or how they think the next thread should be done.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:29 pm

How it should be done well. I like the typical start of slow concept. Our protagonists are fairly uninformed and naive atm. They've yet to fully be thrust into the plot until perhaps they are attacked or maybe witness and attack by a strange(dacre)creature. Eh, and then idk either their DaCre form, or another DaCre(Hitomi and Siege vigilantes!)comes in and saves the day. It's a bit done but a solid way to start a story without overdoing it on the power displays right off the bat.

I don't think anything too sinister or suspicious should be revealed too immediately. The characters need to find a way to interact innocently like along a walk in the park, or a friendly game. Since DaCre is an online game one theory is that a group of them have decided to meet in "rl" for the first time after finding out they all live in the same general vicinity. Blah blah my two cents.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:40 am

That's the sort of thing I'd be looking for in the next "main" DaCre.

But I intend to have some ridiculous displays of power early in this one. For example, while the Testers are messing around with the system and getting introduced to each other, they are allowed to set the power of their DaCre at anything they like (within the point system) for the duration of the battles.

So they could say, "let's both have enough points for 5 post B-Rank" and, right of the bat, we could have a B-Ranked fight.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Umm idk then. Whenever I see something start off with too much power display to early I think Bleach and kind of get turned off. DaCre utilizes alot of varied personalities. I'd rather test and enjoy the mingling of those personalities than a couple of borderline npcish DaCre fight.

If you want to start of with dacre fights as a test for the balancing system that's great. But I personally don't find it good for an intro. It's very delicate and I'd rather having a small display of character from an unseen assailant. Perhaps a chase scene would be nice. But there's hundreds of ways to approach. The test fights just rank real low personally.

Police could be detaining a young juvenile because he was spotted with a strange hideous being who'd commited some crime(idk, but obviously it would be a dacre). and Either PIT or the CDC intervenes and takes the kid. 'then' we could lead into the fights, where they convince the kid to use himself or the dacre in the tests.

I just...personally don't want to start with the tests as any sort of introductory thing. Also because there are gonna be a good number of characters who'd know nothing about CDC. Are we going to immediately thrust them into the fights or...idk. The thought of the fights in a somewhat secret organization seems to present difficulty in introduction matters.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Well, by the time the testers manage to get back in the real world, the fight should be over.

I don't intend for this to be a long DaCre, and I want to do everything I can to make sure of that.

It should be more of a prelude, or a preview, than a story in itself.

Imagine, from the testers perspective, you go into the new system, do a couple of test fights, la ti da, then things start going wrong and you can't log out, you have to figure some way to survive as the system breaks down, then, when you finally arrive back in the real world, you're in a building full of dead people that's being cordoned off by the police and stuff as a crime scene.
Back to top Go down
Duco-Ducis

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:56 am

ermm well, then I'm not sure what we can tell you. I mean if you have a general scene already envisioned just roll with it. At this point I don't know if anyone is looking for much more than a chance to get this show on the road. So go for it and let's do this!
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:13 am

Ok, I'll start seriously working on launching after this Saturday, the 17th of March.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Ark Von Doom

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:17 am

Okay, I'm biting. I don't know how you guys have ever lived without my absurdity around here anyway >_>

I've got a lot to catch up on, but assuming I can find all the information I need around this forum, Ol' Arky's back in this. I'll start brainstorming and try to get something up as soon as I figure out what in the world is going on around here again.

Oh... And good to be back. I kinda missed you lot Rolling Eyes

P.S: If there's anything from the sequel thread crucial for me to know about, you might wanna tell me. For all I know, everyone in the future has been replaced with a talking fruit... And I can speak Banananese, but I may have to catch up on my Mangolian if that's the case.

P.S.S: And now there's a bunch of stuff about humans with DaCre powers ._. And limited numbers of DaCre... So I'm probably going to need some rundowns here O_o Especially with talk of kicking things off at B-ranks and such. And the entire GE system is new to me too, though I'm digging the idea of roughly required balancing.
Back to top Go down
Raymesgames

Raymesgames

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Dude, it is great to have you back. As for the time period...

This takes place after the original DaCre but before Gex's remake, Instincts. So basically everyone from the original DaCre who did not go to the human world is long dead by now thanks to the time change. Exemplar's mind has slowly dwindled over the centuries despite her/its immortality and her netowrk of nanobots has shut down. Her weapons of mass destruction are now ruins dotting the DaCre world. This would also be sometime after the war that was going on between these valkyrie like DaCre and land based DaCre who used swords and siege weapons just as readily as their own power.

In this new DaCre (According to the intro) there is a company that has upgraded DaCre and is experimenting with merging people into the game so they can help out their DaCre. The company's motives are kind of shady despite being well known and their actions don't really seem to be at all evil yada yada something goes wrong with the merge and the people get stuck in the DaCre world while testing out being inside the new upgraded game.

This is before Instincts, where several, very powerful DaCre have somehow made it into the real world. While most seem to be incompetent idiots, they are all mysterious and powerful in their own right. With the true goal and their leader being hidden from everyone.

Basically they auto-win cause they have the Black Saiyans. Protagonists ain't got shit yo.
---

Anyway, back on topic. Gex means to start us as the testers in this new, quick DaCre.
Back to top Go down
The 42nd Gecko

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Sorry about this, but I kinda had to spend two cleaning up for my sister's wedding I was at, and now I'm playing catch up with all the responsibilities that I neglected during the whole deal.

Anyway..

Some Humans have DaCre powers in this setting.. Much the same as Windsor and Roeh did. The CDC is preparing for the inevitable collision of DaCre and Human worlds again, and one of their methods is creating human soldiers.

These human soldiers, so far on average, aren't nearly on the level of a DaCre, but they're still strong enough that a C rank or lower DaCre couldn't outright ignore them. Some might be able to play on equal footing for limited time with a D or C rank. The CDC also has a few wilds in their ranks.

Another method is modifying the DaCre world. They are experimenting with "patching" the rules of the game in order to try and make sure another Tridara situation doesn't happen. To do this, they've created a new server to try out the new rules on, as there's no sense trying anything dangerous by messing with the DaCre world until you've done enough testing to make sure that your new rules would actually do something to help.

I want the majority of the players to be alpha testers recruited for testing these new rules. They will be in a DaCre-like setting with tweaked rules (OOC, these are my attempt to balance DaCre a bit). As part of their Alpha Testing, they can set their DaCre's power at whatever they like... while they are in this server. Think of it like being able to set the power of your ghost copy-DaCre, the one you would use for net-battles. When the plot happens, and things start going wrong in the server, then your DaCre's power reverts to normal, 0 points + whatever you earned in your net battles.

As for why things start going wrong.. Well, I'm going to keep one of them secret, but the other reason is I'd like to have a player controlled rogue DaCre assassinating everyone in the CDC building, Miss Fluffykins if possible.

Then, up to two player controlled DaCre may be working in the CDC trying to defend against the intruder. A few might be working with PIT, but I want to keep their numbers down. They'll be the cavalry who arrives a bit too late.

Also of important note, is that if you have any characters from the first DaCre who you want to have make an appearance, despite the fact that they are emphatically dead, you may, once I give the go ahead. They will not be permanently resurrected (unless the plot gets way out of my hands. Razz) and won't have their history, but they can still show up in the server. This is mainly so that you can have one more fight with their ability set, either because you didn't get a good opportunity before or for nostalgia's sake. Also so that I can occasionally hand off "uh, here, keep the players busy while I write up the next plot point."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DaCre?   New DaCre? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DaCre?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next